Two Buffalo Studios Call for Artists

Two Buffalo Virtual Gallery 2022 Show Dates Show Dates

2022 Show Dates
Jan 17 – Apr – 30
May 2 – Aug 31
Sept 5 – Dec 31

Showcasing traditional and contemporary Indigenous Art

Indigenous in Music and Arts (IIMA) is seeking Indigenous artists to exhibit in our on-line Virtual Gallery.  Three artists will be selected to have a solo exhibition of 10-15 pieces for a 10-week period to both show and sell their artwork.

Our Virtual Gallery is the first venture for us as we move forward to open our actual “Two Buffalo Studios’” in Sarasota.  A space to be visited by Florida locals and visitors.

Our Two Buffalo virtual gallery will be visited by our on-line visitors.  The gallery showcases living Indigenous artist’s current work, including both traditional and contemporary mediums and styles, ideally drawing connections between our cultures’ history and our continuous evolution into the future.

This Two Buffalo Virtual Gallery is designed not only to create opportunities for Indigenous artists to showcase their unique work, but to provide a market in support of the artist.  The IIMA will hold a 33% commission of all pieces sold during the show (this includes if any and all shipping costs).  This commission will be used by the IIMA fund and perpetuate the program for future artists. The remaining 67% will be distributed to the artist as items are sold.   If desired, the artist may also work with us to produce print-on-demand merchandise to sell online in conjunction with their show. Merchandising agreements will be made between IIMA and the Artist case by case. 


  • Work of all mediums may be submitted.
  • Artist must meet requirements of the Indian Arts and Crafts Act of 1990.
  • There is no fee to apply.

Submission Requirements

  • Artist Biography – up to 200 words.
  • Artist Statement – up to 500 words.
  • 4 High-resolution photos or videos of work to be exhibited.
  • Images can be emailed to or burned onto a CD and mailed to IIMA (CD will not be returned).
  • CDs must be labeled (with a permanent marker): Artist Name, Date, Tribe, and Medium

Notification of Acceptance:

  • Applications are accepted on a rolling basis for future shows past deadline date.
  • Applications will be reviewed for the following year.

Accepted Artists:

If selected to exhibit in our Virtual Gallery, the following is a list of what can be expected between the IIMA and the selected artist.

The Indigenous in Music and Arts will provide:

  • Collaboration on curation and installation.
  • Marketing and promotions for the exhibit.
  • Collaboration opportunity with IIMA to produce and sell merchandise.
  • Announcements on our radio program.

The Artist Will Provide

  • Artist bio, statement, high-def photos of the artwork that can be used for on-line exhibit, invitations, and marketing content.
  • Communication with IIMA staff on installation.
Two Buffalo Studios Call for Artists

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to top