Sisseton-Wahpeton Sioux Nation
Totally untrained abstract artist Sheila Van Houten is a direct descendent of Chief Gabriele Renville of the Sisseton-Wahpeton Sioux Nation, Lake Traverse Reservation. She credits her unusual abstract paintings to her Native-American heritage.
It is a gift that almost died with her when SHE almost died of deadly septic pneumonia in 2002. Fortunately, Sheila made a miraculous last-minute turn around and came back to life with her beloved husband, Brian, at her side. In fact, it was Dean Martin’s song, “Return to Me” that Brian sang to her at her bedside in the hospital.
- Licensed and ordained Interfaith Minister
- PhD in Spiritual Counseling
- Doctor of Divinity in Advanced Energy Medicine
- Completed Masters program in Adult Education
- BA in English
- Published author with four books on Amazon.Com:
1. See yourself in a New Light Manifesting Romance: Happily Ever Laughter
2. True Ghosts: 22 True Ghost Stories The Little Stray Kitty from New York City
3. Lineage: Direct descendent of Chief Gabriel Renville, Sisseton-Wahpeton Sioux Nation of Lake Traverse Reservation.
4. Honored with asacred Native-American name bestowed bya member of the Chippewa Tribeduring a sacred pipe ceremony.
Internet Presence and Contact Information: